Friday, September 1, 2017

First Time: AUS to ORD

Though it has only been one month, I actually don't like leaving Austin.  My extremely dear and fabulous friend Kelly told me that I am falling in love with this city... and I am. 
While I want so very, very much to be with my friends and family, I feel a connection to Austin that I cannot shake.
On the plane, I am looking through my "100 things to do" and tearing up because I am not there. So weird!!  This place wasn't even truly on my radar last spring, and now, I have a bond with this town. 
I guess it's the same with people- we are all just roaming around the planet... when we actually bump into someone and react with a "Hey! You are cool - how can I get to know you better?!" reaction, why the heck wouldn't we follow it?
People seem so scared to try things - so set in their Comfort Zones.  This is your one life, people -- make it YOURS.
Maybe you don't have to uproot and move a few hours away, but for the sake of everything, DO what you fear.  Tell people you care.  Apply for that job.  Sing in your car when a song you love plays.
I am not talking about a strong effort to change the world - I am encouraging you to upgrade your own environment.... and ya know, if enough of us do that, it WILL change the world.
Change... without fear. What does that look like to you?  It looks pretty kick ass to me.

1 comment: