Thursday, March 15, 2018

Always Challenges - Nothing is Easy

"If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you."  Road blocks and hurdles.  My life.  I'm sure most people have struggles, but honestly, I question why nothing is ever easy for me.  Ever.

From moving to a new city, achieving my certification as a dance fitness instructor, having a medical procedure done... I am constantly accepting that nothing goes as I plan or how I perceive it should.  It's taken quite a while, but I am learning that it's all part of the process.  My process anyway.  Accepting it and letting go of the outcomes... it's difficult, but I know that I have gotten better about it.  I think because I cannot control life, I developed the passion for planning events.

While continuing to face challenges and persevere is my goal and the messages I want to share, I admit that it gets tiring.  And old.  I have too many "why the hell can't things just happen?" moments.  Since I don't want to write about those, I have started, edited and scrapped Post after Post the last couple months.  Then, we watched the animated film called "Inside Out" this past weekend.

The realization that sadness and joy are partners really hit me.  Rather than focus on the obstacles, look at the steps taken for achievements.  They go together.  If things are meant to be, it will work out how it's supposed to in the end.  And if not, it was a lesson.  While I don't like to complain and I resist negativity as much as I can, my feelings of helplessness and despair do give me depth as a person.  Discouragement is something we should all be able to relate to.  While some of my friends seem to have easier lives than others, we all have our disappointments and hardships.  It's how we as humans connect.  True friendships share the hard times, and that helps them celebrate the joys even more.

Life is not simple, and finding glimmers of hope can seem impossible at times.  But darkness is required for us to enjoy light... and we need to be comfortable with both.   On my "Continuing" path, (https://www.facebook.com/marnisblog/?pnref=lhc), I do want to share that the constant resilience is the most difficult part for me.  I have challenges, and they help change me... so they will keep coming, and I will keep learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment