Tuesday, May 29, 2018

The Dragonfly - Who Knew?

Growing up in the Midwest, I never really paid attention to dragonflies.  Once I knew they wouldn't sting you like wasps, bees and hornets (ouch!), I just saw them and knew I didn't have to feel fear.

Recently in Texas, hanging out with a friend at her pool, a dragonfly landed on me, and she told me it was "good luck."  Laughing, I said that I could use a lot more dragonflies then!  It did return a couple of times, landing on me now and again, and I thanked the little beauty... just in case it was actually trying to provide me some good vibes.

Two days later, at our apartment pool, three different dragonflies kept landing on me - the funniest was a blue on my nose... and yes, one decided to rest on my butt for a bit!  Thinking of what Angie suggested about "luck," I referred to Google for some information.

Of course there is no way to know - every interaction is based on your own perception - but after reading that they carry "wisdom of transformation and adaptability in life," I feel that these little creatures are trying to remind me of my goals.  To Clear my head and get rid of all the baggage that no longer serves me; to Connect spiritually to God and nature and all the Powers That Be; to Continue to grow and develop and flourish as the best person I can be.  To not give up.  Keep looking inward for clarity and know that I am glorious and loving and encouraging.  Success is my own measure, and I have so many blessings.

My journey is nowhere close to being complete - besides, what would I do if it were?  Relax?  Not likely.  But perhaps these aerial beings are coming to me to alert me to lighten up.

I'd like to believe they are sharing the following with me:  Problems aren't generally solved quickly - especially the big ones.  True solutions take time.  Patience is a gift and needs to be practiced to be performed well.  Stay light and adaptable, like the dragonflies, and ride on the winds of life.  You'll arrive where you are meant to be, and you'll know when you get there.   "Stay open to the enfoldment of your personal journey."  I like it... maybe I need another tattoo.

My Google reading sources:
http://www.spiritanimal.info/dragonfly-spirit-animal/
https://themoonlightshop.com/blogs/news/17224984-dragonflies-and-you

No comments:

Post a Comment