Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Waiting for the Right Time...

I hold on to the belief that everything happens for a reason.  Experiences shape our character and the people we meet affect our personality.

When I moved to Austin in August (2017), I did not feel ready to leave.  Yes, I was determined and I admit that I was pretty damn excited, but I did not feel it was the right time to leave my friends and to move my daughter in her high school experience.  The latter happened to me, and I hated it and have held the extreme disappointment ever since.  I did make forever-friends in Wisconsin who I truly wish I could see a lot more often... but I am still upset that I did not get the "Senior Night on the football track" for Dance Team, and now, neither will my beautiful, talented, stunning daughter.  But Hope is not me.  She is stronger and wiser and has appreciation for the much broader scope of life that this relocation has provided.

My teenage daughter recognized it before I was able to do so.  I love Peoria... but I did feel limited there.  I pushed to own my own business, networked, and did all I could to feel successful.  But shifting to a larger city in a climate that is much more suited to my hot blood... I know it was the right thing to do.

Given choices, I put off moving for her to have the High School experience that I had wanted... but things never go as I plan, and my daughter is flourishing.  We have a very open friendship now, too, and I am finally able to celebrate that she actually likes me, wants to spend time with me and holds respect for me that I made a drastic move in hopes to improve life for all three of us.

If I had waited for the "right" time, I don't think any of this would have happened.  I would not know myself as well as I do at this moment (and I still have a lot left to learn!), and I don't think I would hold so much continued excitement for the future. 

I still don't know if Austin will be where I stay, but it is definitely my HOME right now.  "When nothing is certain, anything is possible."  There is a whole, big world out there... And the time to take leaps is always "right" because not only will everything be okay - things can be amazing if you just stop thinking and take the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment