Sunday, December 9, 2018

A Good Day to Die?

We all have good days as well as days that feel like continual struggle... but in the "good" moments, do you ever truly think, "If I died right now, I would die happy."

Only when I am in crazy traffic or on airplanes that I have these real, raw questioning moments... mostly because those times seem quite logical that my life will be taken abruptly, but that reflection can occur during great success, too.  "Now that I have accomplished 'this,' I can die happy."

We honestly don't have any say, though, and we all know that. Whether it is a day of joy or hours filled with challenges... whether we have thirty more years on this earth or just months or even moments remaining. No one knows. However, it is in our control to live life fully while we can.

We need to do what makes us happy, but more than that, what makes us feel alive. Yes, pain and sorrow remind us that we exist, but it's the excitement and fear and fulfillment that invigorate our core.

I am currently working on feeling through all emotions and feelings so that every experience will help me live my best life. Even if it's frustration of locations for my fitness class or my feelings being severely hurt by a friend or enduring yet another great disappointment, I want whatever day my life ends for me to feel with every bit of my existence that I did my best... and it can truly be a "good" day to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment