Saturday, August 11, 2018

My New C: Coach!

Wow!  Six months ago, I achieved my goal of Certified Dance Instructor for SHiNE Dance Fitness!  It was a struggle to secure rooms in the state employment offices, but the support has been incredible.  Gracious, encouraging women have helped me along the way, and I just could not be more appreciative!

Public class locations has been a greater battle.  Since I am new to Austin, making connections at dance studios, gyms and activities centers has been an even larger challenge.  FINALLY, in September, I am going to be able to host introductory classes on Saturday mornings.  The Arthur Murray Dance Studios is letting me use one of their studios.  I have no idea how many people want to wake up early to shake, sweat and SHiNE at 8 a.m., but I am excited to find out!

Still studying for AFAA Group Fitness Instructor certification, as well, I am also looking ahead at the next six months.  I am definitely open to new opportunities and have a lot of ideas!  I also know all too well that there will be more hurdles for me and many more rejections, but the photos of my amazing participants who dance with me and the emails I receive from them continue to encourage and inspire me.

When I started this endeavor in December, I fought self-doubt, pushed myself out of yet another comfort zone, and apparently I'm doing a pretty good job!  #coach

No comments:

Post a Comment